Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Bestest Coffee Cake I Ever Did Eat...

Back when Kevin was going through R.C.I.A. one of our favorite things about Wednesday night class was the spread. It was a beaut! But one thing stood out especially and that was this fantabulous coffee cake made by a lovely woman named Jennifer Zurovek.
Along with delectable, this coffee cake was uber-moist on the inside and there was NEVER a mere crumb leftover. Most of the R.C.I.A. folks entered the building salivating at the thought of getting a slice of Jennifer's cake! 
Now I know some people hoard their recipes, losing sight of the truth and beauty within tattered index card that lives inside of their recipe box... the beauty of living on - being able to sit at a table of future generations even when you are long gone.  The one and only Billy Joel sings:


"Someday your child will cry and if you sing this lullaby
Then in your heart there will always be a part of me.

Someday we'll all be gone 
But lullabies go on and on
They never die that's how you and I will be."

I think lullabies and recipes go hand in hand. 
 

So, because Jennifer Zurovek shared with me...

I bring you - The Zurovek Coffee Cake (though she just called it coffee cake!)
Enjoy! 

Combine: 
  • 1/2 c oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 small (8 oz. container) sour cream
Mix well and add: 

  • 1 box Duncan Hines Yellow Butter Golden cake mix
  • 1 small package vanilla instant pudding mix
Stir well with a spoon. 
Spray bundt pan with Baker's Joy or grease and flour the pan manually. 

Pour half of the batter into the pan, then add a layer of: 
  • 1/2 to 3/4 c brown sugar (or I call it brown sugah!)
  • cinnamon to taste 
Pour remaining batter over sugar and cinnamon. Spread evenly. 
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35-40 minutes. (Adjust baking time per your oven.)

It is totally worth it to just go ahead and copy/paste this to a word doc, print it out and glue it to an index card and toss it in your recipe box - and go ahead and put the Duncan Hines mix, the instant pudding, and the sour cream on your shopping list. (I gather that eggs, oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon are a staple in your home.) Trust me on this! 




No comments:

Post a Comment