Sunday, July 3, 2011

SIDE NOTE

Okay - so this awesome thing is going on in my life. My mom is getting married to a really good dude!
His name is Ken McDonald and when I was a five-year-old singing in the church's angel choir, he was the choir director. And I can vouch for his heart. As a five-year-old, I remember that when us children would ask questions or talk to him, he would make eye contact and smile the most comforting smile. We could tell he really liked us and his presence wasn't out of obligation or a pay check. We knew he had passion for music and honestly loved children, we saw his nurturing heart to his own daughters too!

So Mom is in love. She giggles like a teenager in love. Her eyes sparkle when she talks about him. They share their own brand of 'inside jokes' - and not the kind that make you feel left out (as inside jokes tend to do.) Their inside jokes are fun to see from the outsider. It's a witness of love and deep friendship. (They HAVE known each other since the 1980's after all!)

Hunter is the best man. 
Their big day is in less than one week. And Mom will be moving to New Mexico. I'll miss her. I'll miss them both. But I got a feeling I'm gonna see a little bit more New Mexico than ever before,  and I've got a feeling that they'll be back some day.

Rings!

They are both passionate about music! 

Mom's hand. 

Can you tell I'm in a wedding state of mind??!?!?

SOOOO... if you'd like to take a peek at Mom & Ken's wedding website... www.KenAndMarge.OurWedding.com
Feel free to post a memory or wish them well as they embark on this adventure - I know they'll treasure it!

Next post - I'm taking you all to New Orleans! We're going to explore the French Quarter together... (through photos! And I promise... ornery photos included!)

No comments:

Post a Comment