Sunday, July 31, 2011

I need another vacation!



It's been so crazy around here; I need another vacation. But that's just not gonna happen, so I'm taking a FAKE-cation by examining some pics I took on our July trip.
Let's visit N'awlins... okay - so I'm a Texan and the honest-to-God truth is that even in my head I emphasize the "New" in New Orleans.
Here we go...
We entered the city - following a taxi - he knew where he was going. We just had to keep our eyes peeled for the long line of residents at the Crown Astoria Hotel, our home for the night. 

Yeah, dude knew where he was going.
Even the street lights have personality all their own. 

Just looking out of the hotel window was a sight. 

Even the sides of buildings were obvious rental space for ads. 

Kitschy little front door. 

Residential area. 

Anything that says "French Market" is cool. 

French Quarter water view. 

Not Disney - anyone know the what the scoop is on this building? 

Let's just be honest... this is pretty much the reason we stopped here in the first place, right? 

Local waitress.

Early morning grump... bring on the beignets and HURRY! 

Some of us are just more patient than others.


I can't say I know what this expression is. It seems to be a phase. I think I'll call it 'Hunter's Opinion Face.' He seems to wear it when he's got an opinion. 

See, child? They DO bring food. You just gotta be nice and wait a whole ten seconds for it. 

Can I just say - we're talking MASSIVE amounts of powdered sugar. MASSIVE. And they dropped their fried dough to dip fingertips in the white stuff. 

Seriously. I kid you not! 

Culprit # 1 

Culprit # 2

These are just a few of the pics we took in New Orleans this summer. I don't wanna be the neighbor that invites you over for dinner and fails to mention the slide show they're gonna slam you with.
Slide show over.
Jessica out. 

1 comment:

  1. You were right - not Disney. That's Jackson Square (Old Hickory's the brass fellow on the horse out front) and what might have been the castle is St Louis Cathedral.

    I enjoyed the slide show...

    ReplyDelete