Thursday, September 8, 2011

Crispy Fried Eggplant & Mozzarella Finger Sandwiches


I've never made anything with eggplant before. But I saw the pic on the back cover of Suzanne Somer's Eat Great Lose Weight cookbook and decided to give it a try. #1 Slice, oil, salt and pepper the eggplant - bake until golden. 



Create an herb spread containing fresh: garlic, basil, parsley along with red pepper flakes and olive oil. Spread it on your sammies-to-be.

Add a slab of fresh mozzarella to each sandwich.

Ok, so I cheaped out on the grated parm - this came out of the green canister. I won't lie. 

Dip that sandwich in whisked egg and apply the parm. (Did I mention this is low-carb sinfulness?)

Fry that bad-boy in the skillet. I used grapeseed oil, though it called for vegetable oil. 

Now that they're all nice and fried up, I suggest letting them drain a bit on paper towels.

This is especially tasty when served over a bed of baby greens and tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette. But it'll do to just grab it off the stove and devour before you've even bothered to gather a place-setting! (Wink!)


No comments:

Post a Comment